Barra is a reinvented 1970’s beach shack, with a new addition and swimming pool that has been transformed into beautiful beach house with five bedrooms and four bathrooms. Uniquely modern its polished concrete floors and whitewashed floorboards compliment and create unison of both new and old. With vintage furniture and treasures from around the world the styling is a reflection of its heritage as a true beach house.
Located at Point Arkwright the home is across the park from the beautiful Yaroomba Beach which is a local favourite with surfers & families alike.
The new and old merge together at the heart of the home which is the kitchen that overlooks the pool. Thanks to the north facing orientation the kitchen and living spaces are filled with sunlight.
In the front part of the house are the two living spaces one upstairs and the other on the ground level. Places to gather to chat or just relax with a book are abundant and afternoon drinks on the covered deck or below on the patio for a BBQ.
One queen bedroom, the single bed loft room and a bathroom are on the upper floors of the front part of the house. This part of the house also has a 2nd bathroom on the ground level.
The new addition of the house includes the stunning galley kitchen/dining, the master bedroom and ensuite. Another queen bedroom, single bedroom, an additional bathroom, sitting room, entry & laundry.
BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS
- Bedroom 1 : King bed – with ensuite free standing bath tub, shower & toilet – ground floor
- Bedroom 2 : Queen bed – ground floor
- Bedroom 3 : Single beds x 2 – ground floor
- Bedroom 4 : Queen bed – second floor
- Bedroom 5 Dorm : Single beds x 4 – loft
Bathroom ground floor to service bedroom 2 & 3
Bathroom ground floor to service living areas
Bathroom second floor to service living area & two bedrooms
The heart of the home is this wonderful fully equipped kitchen galley style, with sliding glass doors overlooking the pool. Large gas stove oven, dishwasher, family fridge and coffee machine.
LIVING AND ENTERTAINMENT
There are three living spaces and lovely outdoor entertaining areas providing plenty of room to gather with family and friends to discuss the days activities or seek away to a quiet nook with book. The lower casual living room features a gas fire place for those cool nights and the covered patio is a great spot for a casual BBQ meal. Directly above is another lovely living room and covered deck which is the perfect place for an afternoon drink or morning coffee. Featuring a kitchenette with a sink & bar fridge to keep the refreshments cold.
There is a third smaller TV lounge overlooks the pool and is adjoining bedroom two and three in the new section on the house on the ground floor.
– Indoor gas fireplace
-Air conditioning; master bedroom, kitchen dining, loft bedroom/upper living room and downstairs living lower level.
-Coffee machine – Breville (ground beans)
-Full laundry with dryer
-TVs x 2
-Dorm – Loft space that kids dream about
-Outdoor deck with dining + lounge
-Outdoor Fire Pit (No firewood needed – uses fluid)
-BBQ – ground floor patio level
-Off-street parking for 2 cars (ample street parking too)
-Pet friendly smaller breeds only – on application – standard pet fees apply
Point Arkwright is a stunning headland and picnic area with fabulous views of Yaroomba beach which is across from house a mere 100 mtrs away.
Home to crystal clear rock pools, white beaches, a popular spot with local surfers and families. The Foreshore trail starts at Point Arkwright at traverses the cliffs north to Coolum where from the viewing platforms you will see Loggerhead Turtles, Osprey, Black Cockatoos, Dolphins or Whales.
If QLD State borders close, remain closed or other Australian state or federal government mandated travel restrictions are in force preventing travel by the guest – the owner is offering a travel credit towards a future booking at the house, for any monies already paid for the accommodation. However, travel credit will not be offered to bookings which include any of the Christmas/New Year or Easter public holidays; standard cancellation policy for these bookings will apply https://www.prestigeholidayhomes.com.au/booking-terms/
If a bond has already been paid this will be refunded; credit card fees will not be refunded.
– Guests can use their travel credit to book another stay for a period up to a 6 months from their original booking dates; excluding bookings which include any of the Christmas/New Year or Easter public holidays.
– If the booking is taken in a different season or length of stay, the value of the travel credit will be applied to the new booking. There will be no refunds of any difference in rates – should the rates have increased the difference will need to be paid by the guest.
– Once a new date has been confirmed and the booking moved – should other travel restrictions come into place – no further travel credit will be offered and cancellations will revert back to the Prestige Holiday Homes T&C’s: https://www.prestigeholidayhomes.com.au/booking-terms/
– By agreeing to a travel credit guests will still be required to pay any outstanding monies – including accommodation, refundable bond and pet fees (if applicable) –
21 days prior to check-in, as per the Prestige Holiday Homes T&C’s: https://www.prestigeholidayhomes.com.au/booking-terms/
- Rates include all the house hold linen and standard departure clean
- Prices are for up to 12 adult guests only
- Rates are a guide only & subject to change
- Bond $2,000
- PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT ACCEPT REQUESTS TO HOST WEDDINGS OR CELEBRATION GATHERINGS. THIS HOME IS FOR HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION PURPOSES ONLY.